The School of Agricultural, Earth and Environmental Sciences offers a number of world class post graduate qualifications. Entry into these programmes is a competitive process and is subject to applicants meeting prescribed minimum criteria.
Below is a list of the programmes offered by the School
Postgraduate Programmes Offered
- Postgraduate Diplomas in Community Nutrition, Dietetics and Food Security are offered within the School
Masters Programmes Offered
- Master of Science,
- Master of Science in Agriculture,
- Master of Science programmes are offered, whereby students engage in full-time research under the supervision of an academic staff member. Applicants must have a credit-weighted average of at least 60% at Honours level or equivalent must be achieved to be considered for this programme. This degree takes a minimum of one year. The application date is open.
PhD Programmes Offered
- Doctor of Philosophy,
- Doctor of Science in Agriculture,
- A Doctoral programme is offered where students engage in novel research supervised by academic members of staff. This is typically involves three years of study. The application date is open.
- Remunerated, postdoctoral research positions are available on application.
Click on the brochure below to download the UKZN application guide.
To download application forms please click here